Lavender recovery

Just over a month ago (I think) I decided to rescue my Lavender bush. It was only small, planted last year in the middle of the flowerbed. This year I’d been waiting to see it growing, but no sign of it, and in the end I waded in and found it was drowned underneath everything else and looked pretty much dead. So I dug it up and put it in a pot with some nice compost and hoped I might be able to bring it back. You may have seen it in pictures of my wildflowers growing in their troughs e.g. Gardening.

This is how it looked on 15th June:
IMG_2509

I had nearly given up but just over the last few days it’s really got going again ๐Ÿ™‚

Here it is yesterday:

IMG_4082

A lovely couple of spikes of new green growth! Most of it is dried up and appears dead but just this one bit is green. I’m quite pleased with myself that it didn’t die ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_4084

Advertisements

7 Replies to “Lavender recovery”

  1. That is lucky and encouraging…we have often tried to recover Lavender that for one reason or another has seem better days but sadly it has usually turned out to be a lost cause. Might try again.

    Like

  2. Those green shoots are looking very promising ๐Ÿ™‚
    I hacked back my old lavender plant quite substantially last winter as it had become a bit woody and straggly and it has grown back strongly now with lots of new greenery and some flowers too. I generated a couple of new lavender plants from cuttings this Spring. This was my ‘insurance policy’ in case my old plant didn’t pull through too well … now I’ve got even more lavender plants for the bees!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s