whispers of words
in my mind
even through the
rushing of days
beneath the noise
murmurs of phrases
and poems try
to write themselves
Droneflies, a kind of hoverfly, are all around at the moment, so of course photos have been taken. They’re not bees, even though they can be mistaken for them, but they do pollinate flowers so are just as useful. They’re also kind of cute in their own way. Here are a few from around the garden.
This blog is moving to a new address! If you are following this blog don’t worry as your subscription will automatically move to the new address. Thank you very much for following and I hope you will continue to enjoy the blog in the new location.
You can now find me here: http://www.suzyblue.org.uk/blog/
See you there!
I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to get out this weekend. It’s awful weather. Pouring with rain all day so far and very windy again. Unless it vastly improves tomorrow I won’t be venturing out to check on the spring flowers I’m afraid. I’m getting a bit tired of all this wind and rain now – hope the weather gets better soon.
My Country Diary will be added to during this coming year (2014) along the lines of “The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady“.
I’m hoping to blog at least once a month (if not more) to note what is going on in nature in my area. I’ll try and look for some of the same plants and animals that Edith Holden did in her book if I can.
This blog will start officially in 2 days!
I got nominated, twice, which is very kind.
Thank you and sorry to kikischeuer for the belated response.
And thank you to M Lewis Redford who nominated me more recently.
Another thank you to Bruce for the mention on his Lovely Blog Award post.
I’m a little bemused by awards. I think it’s amazing that anyone would nominate me for anything, so I would like to graciously accept, but at the same time I wonder if I will come across as boasting, and the rules make me think of those chain-letter style emails that I always delete. So anyway … I am touched that I have been nominated – thank you. I will adopt Bruce’s style and rather than nominate as such, I will mention a few of my favourite blogs, but feel free to accept my mention as an award if you’d like to.
But first the seven things about me …
- My name is not Blue, as you may have guessed, and I am going to reveal … drum roll please … my real name is Suzy (spelt just so, if you please)
- I’ve been through some sad times and some bad times, but right now things are on the up, and this can pretty much be entirely said to be due to this poetry blog on which I write. If I hadn’t started writing here to let out my feelings, I would have been left wallowing in the dark, and I would never have become part of this lovely community … and worst of all, I would never have met my very favourite blogger, Bruce. So I am very thankful for this blog, and the reasons that led me here, though at the time they were not happy reasons.
- I’ve written poetry since I was at school but never really did anything with it. The first poem I can remember is lost to history but I remember the beginning:
“What is life with out love
What is love without focus”
Don’t remember much else but it was kind of sad.
- I have a tendency to burst into song at random moments, sometimes because a song is stuck in my head, but often just because I’m inspired by a word or phrase I hear that reminds me of a song and it just spills out.
- I like taking photos, and most of the photos I’ve used on this blog are ones I’ve taken. I usually do macro shots but here’s one I took on a very special walk not so long ago which is not quite so close up as usual …
- My favourite colour is blue, hence the made up name. I also like purple.
- This is really hard. I would much prefer to write a poem! That will do as number 7.
So finally I get to the mentions …
- Brain Jar & Inkinetica – of course these are on my list because the author is someone extremely special to me – the lovely Bruce – but if even though I am clearly biased, he is definitely lovely and is a great poet & wordsmith.
- M Lewis Redford – I know – I’m probably doing this all wrong mentioning the person who nominated me but I have to. I think Mark is a great poet and I want to make sure lots of people go visit his blog and read his carefully crafted words.
- Jaywalking the Moon – I recently discovered Claudia and I think she is amazing.
- T O R O S – George has such a lot of sadness in him but he writes beautifully.
- Expressions of my life – An evolution of art. – Benjamin’s art is beautiful and so is his heart.
- Poojycat – Poojycat brings poetry and beautiful photographs, and reminds us recently that life is short and we need to make the most of what we have.
That will do for now as I’m exhausted by this post now! I love lots of blogs and bloggers so I’m sorry to leave anyone out!
Thank you Stalking Dawn
So – the rules for this award are that you have to:
- thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you – done!
- nominate a bakers dozen of other bloggers – scroll down …
- answer 5 super sweet questions – here you go:
- Cookies or Cake?
This is a very difficult choice … I think I’m leaning slightly towards cookies
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla, if we’re talking ice cream flavours … a really good creamy vanilla … mmmmmm
- What is your favourite sweet treat?
Hmm, I think it would be a danish pastry, although what about shortbread and donuts and icecream and chocolate … or maybe cheesecake?!
- When do you crave sweet things the most?
When I’m sad
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?
I used to be called pud, which is short for pudding, when I was a child
So, my baker’s dozen of sweet bloggers … I’m not sure how you define a sweet blogger, so I’m just picking some of the lovely people in the WP community who have been so welcoming and friendly to me since I’ve been blogging here (very hard to just pick 13!):
- Brain Jar
- Lyrical Love
- Susan Daniels
- Paper Butterfly
- Pete Armetta
- Francois Bergh
- Expressions of my Life
- hollyanne gets poetic
- Poetry Diary
Ok so now I guess I have to go on a commenting spree and tell you all! This is all new to me 🙂
… because Bruce let me loose on his blog!